humor: aug 17 -- Hittite Jokes

                              Nick's G-Rated Humor List

Yesterday's emailing contained a joke whose punchline necessitated an
ethnic stereotype.  Normally I don't go in for that sort of thing, even
though some of the funniest "Chinese" jokes I ever heard were told me by a
Chinese pastor.

In past generations -- and even today -- various groups have been the butt
of cruel jokes -- the Irish, Jews, Iranians, Chinese, valley-girls,
blondes, hillbillies, etc.  Some of these jokes are generic -- that is,
independent of ethnic group.  I don't mind sharing them.  But I will change
the wording to refer to a group that can't be offended ---- the Hittites!
(If there are any Hittites out there, just let me know ....)

==========

Two Hittites were speeding down the highway at well over 90 mph.  "Hey,"
asked the one at the wheel "Any cops following us?"  The other Hittite
turned around and had a long look at the road behind them. "Yeah, looks
like it"

"Are his flashers on?"

The Hittite turned around again and said,
"Yes....no....yes....no.... yes....no.... yes...

==========

FAT FREE	(Courtesy of Linda Bratcher)

When I stopped at a fast food restaurant recently
I was fascinated by a sign which offered Fat Free
French Fries.  I decided to give them a try and was
dismayed when the Hittite pulled a basket of fries
from the fryer which were dripping with fat.  He
filled a bag with these fries and put them in my order.

"Just a minute!" I said.  "Those aren't fat free."

"Yes, they are.  We only charge for the potatoes.
The fat is free!"

==========

This Hittite moved to Pittsburgh PA where each hill has a tunnel and each
valley is a neighborhood.  Soon he was commuting each day to work through a
tiring array of tunnels, bridges and traffic jams. To make the task less
onerous, he invited several of his coworkers to share the ride. He soon
found, however, that the commute continued to get more stressful,
especially the trips through the
tunnels. He consulted the company doctor.

"Doc," the frustrated commuter complained, "I'm fine on the bridges and in the
traffic.  But when I get in the tunnels and I've got those four other guys
crowded around me in the car, I get anxious and dizzy and feel like I'm
going to explode. What is it, Doc? Am I going insane?"

"No, no, no, my boy. You have something very common in these parts."

"Tell me! What is it?"

"You have what is known as Carpool Tunnel Syndrome."
'From: Funny-Bone <join-funny-bone@lists.spunge.org>'