humor 2000: Sunday Stuff: Have a Heart!

                              Nick's G-Rated Humor List

Sunday Stuff is a special NicksHumor e:mailing.
It contains inspirational and/or humorous pieces
that are somehow connected to the worldview of
historic Biblical Christianity.
If you prefer not to read these e:mailings, the
words "Sunday Stuff" in the Subject line is your
clue to hit the delete button. But I hope you won't.
Nick Brown
VALENTINE'S DAY is Monday
Today in my adult Bible study class we'll pull some selected Bible verses
out of a heart-shaped box and share out throughts about them. Which verses
would YOU have put into the box?
Matt. 3:16-17 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water.
At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending
like a dove and lighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, "This
is my Son, whom I **LOVE**; with him I am well pleased."
Matt. 22:36-40 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"
37 Jesus replied: "`**LOVE** the Lord your God with all your heart and
with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and
greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: `**LOVE** your
neighbor as yourself.' 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two
commandments."
John 13:34-25 "A new command I give you: **LOVE** one another. As I have
loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this all men will know
that you are my disciples, if you **LOVE** one another."
John 3:16-18 "For God so **LOVED** the world that he gave his one and
only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal
life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the
world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is
not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already
because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.
Rom. 5:8 But God demonstrates his own **LOVE** for us in this: While we
were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Eph. 2:4-5 But because of his great **LOVE** for us, God, who is rich in
mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in
transgressions --it is by grace you have been saved.
John 14:23-24 Jesus replied, "If anyone **LOVES** me, he will obey my
teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our
home with him. 24 He who does not lo**LOVE**ve me will not obey my
teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father
who sent me.
Matt. 5:44-45 But I tell you: **LOVE** your enemies and pray for those
who persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He
causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the
righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you **LOVE** those who love you,
what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47
And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others?
Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly
Father is perfect.
Rom. 13:10 **LOVE** does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore **LOVE** is
the fulfillment of the law.
1Cor. 13:4-7 **LOVE** is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does
not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it
is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 **LOVE** does not
delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects,
always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Gal. 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but
Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son
of God, who **LOVED** me and gave himself for me.
Gal. 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision [Jew] nor
uncircumcision [Gentile] has any value. The only thing that counts is faith
expressing itself through **LOVE**.
Gal. 5:13-14 You, my brothers, were called to be **LOVE**. But do not use
your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in
love. 14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: "**LOVE** your
neighbor as yourself.
Eph. 5:25-28 Husbands, **LOVE** your wives, just as Christ loved the
church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by
the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to
himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish,
but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to **LOVE**
their wives as their own bodies. He who **LOVES** his wife **LOVES**
himself.
1Ths. 3:12 May the Lord make your **LOVE** increase and overflow for each
other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.
Col. 2:1-3 I want you to know how much I am struggling for you and for
those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally. 2 My
purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in **LOVE**, so
that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that
they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3 in whom are hidden
all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
2Cor. 13:14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the **LOVE** of
God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
Rom. 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those
who **LOVE** him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Credit: New International Version New Testament