[humorix] Linux Infiltrates Windows NT Demo

Linux Infiltrates Windows NT Demo

SILICON VALLEY, CA (August 10, 1998) -- Attendees at the
Microsoft ActiveDemo Conference held this week in San Jose
were greeted by a pleasant surprise yesterday: Linux.
Somehow a group of Linux enthusiasts were able to replace a
Windows NT box with a Linux box right before the
"ActiveDemo" of Windows NT 5 beta.  "I have no clue how
they were able to pull off this prank," a Microserf
spokesman said.  "Rest assured, Microsoft will do
everything to investigate and prosecute the Linux nuts who
did this.  Our bottom line must be protected."

Bill Gates said, "I was showing off the new features in
Windows NT 5 when I noticed something odd about the demo
computer.  It didn't crash. Plus, the font used on the
screen wasn't MS San Serif -- trust me, I know. My
suspicions were confirmed when, instead of the "Flying
Windows" screensaver, a "Don't Fear the Penguins"
screensaver appeared.  The audience laughed and applauded
for five straight minutes.  'Linux rules!' a group yelled.
It was so embarrasing -- even more so than the Windows 98
demo crash and the cream pie incident."

One attendee said, "Wow!  This Linux is cool -- it didn't
crash once during the entire demo!  I'd like to see NT do
that."  Another asked, "You guys got any Linux CDs?  I want
one.  Forget about vaporware NT." Yet another remarked, "I
didn't know it was possible to hack Linux to make it look
like NT.  I can install Linux on my company's computers
without my boss knowing!  Thank you, Linus Torvalds!"

---

James S. Baughn
http://i-want-a-website.com/about-linux

----