 _   _                _
| |_| |__   ___    __| | __ _ _   _
| __| '_ \ / _ \  / _` |/ _` | | | |
| |_| | | |  __/ | (_| | (_| | |_| |
 \__|_| |_|\___|  \__,_|\__,_|\__, |
                              |___/sm
http://www.joke-of-the-day.com
 "The World's Largest Daily Joke List"

# To get a Great Joke everyday, send a blank e-mail to: #
#                                                       #
#             Join@joke-of-the-day.com                  #
#         mailto:JOIN@joke-of-the-day.com               #
#                                                       #
#                   or go here                          #
#  http://www.joke-of-the-day.com/html/subscribe.html   #
#                                                       #
#             FREE     FREE    FREE     FREE            #
#                                                       #
   To ADVERTISE, reaching more than  3,000,000 people per month
   E-mail us at:   SPONSOR@joke-of-the-day.com
/----------------------------------------------------------------\
                 TIMES UP - START SHOPPING
           T H E   W O R L D S'  B E S T   T O Y S
               Check Out FAO SCHWARZ Online
CLICK HERE
http://www.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/stat?id=axf6fv90azw&offerid=382
\----------------------------------------------------------------/

                              TODAY's JOKE
                            December 23, 1997
                           ====================
RESULTS:
Yesterday's "12 Days of Christmas" did fairly well - but many had
seen it before.  A 5.1 from Joke-Of-The-Day.com Members

    Rate the Joke below! and    *** FORWARD TO FRIENDS ***
                                      Spread The Fun

                     A FEW HANUKKAH JOKES
                     ======================
Tonight at sundown begins the 8 day festival of Hannukah for Jews
around the world. For a background of the holiday, click below
http://www.earthlink.net/holidays/hanukkah/
Here's a liter look at the holiday.  Happy Hanukkah.

                WHAT TO DO ON CHRISTMAS EVE
                 - Submitted by Craig Steinberg
               ---------------------------------

Twas the night before Christmas, and we, being Jews,
My girlfriend and me -- we had nothing to do.
The Gentiles were home, hanging stocking with care,
Secure in their knowledge St. Nick would be there.

But for us, once the Hanukkah candles burned down,
There was nothing but boredom all over town.
The malls and the theaters were all closed up tight;
There weren't any concerts to go to that night.

A dance would have saved us, some ballroom or swing,
But we searched through the papers; there wasn't a thing.
Outside the window sat two feet of snow;
With the wind-chill, they said it was fifteen below.

And while all I could do was sit there and brood,
My girl saved the night and called out "CHINESE FOOD!"
So we ran to the closet, grabbed hats, mitts and boots --
To cover out heads, our hands, and our foots.

                Top 10 Reasons to Like Hanukkah
                     - Submitted by A. Lawson

10. No roof damage from reindeer

9. Never a silent night when you're among your Jewish loved ones

8. If someone screws up on their gift, there are seven more
   days to correct it

7. Betting Hanukkah gelt (the chocholate coins) on candle races

6. You can use your fireplace

5. Naked spin-the-dreidel games

4. Fun waxy buildup on the menorah

3. No awkward explanations of virgin birth

2. Cheer optional

1. No Irving Berlin songs

                The Eight Days of Hanukkah
                   - Submitted by M. Maier
            ----------------------------------
On the first night of Hanukkah my true love gave to me
  Lox, bagels and some cream cheese

On the second night of Hanukkah, my true love gave to me
  2 Kosher pickles and
  Lox, bagels and some cream cheese

On the third night of Hanukkah, my true love gave to me
  3 pounds of corned beef
  2 Kosher pickles and
  Lox, bagels and some cream cheese

On the fourth night of Hanukkah, my true love gave to me
  4 potato latkes
  3 pounds of corned beef
  2 Kosher pickles and
  Lox, bagels and some cream cheese

On the fifth night of Hanukkah, my true love gave to me
  5 bowls of chicken soup
  4 potato latkes
  3 pounds of corned beef
  2 Kosher pickles and
  Lox, bagels and some cream cheese

On the sixth night of Hanukkah, my true love gave to me
  6 pickled herrings
  5 bowls of chicken soup
  4 potato latkes
  3 pounds of corned beef
  2 Kosher pickles and
  Lox, bagels and some cream cheese

On the seventh night of Hanukkah, my true love gave to me
  7 noodle kugels
  6 pickled herrings
  5 bowls of chicken soup
  4 potato latkes
  3 pounds of corned beef
  2 Kosher pickles and
  Lox, bagels and some cream cheese

On the eighth night of Hanukkah, my true love gave to me
  8 Alka- Seltzer
  7 noodle kugels
  6 pickled herrings
  5 bowls of chicken soup
  4 potato latkes
  3 pounds of corned beef
  2 Kosher pickles and
  Lox, bagels and some cream cheese

PS:
For the Israeli version, substitute 1 Falafel ball , 2 spoons of Hummos,  3 liters of Tehina, 4 plates of salads, 5 glasses of eshkoliot (grapefruit juice), 6 bags of pita, 7 mouthfuls of ful and 8 greps

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSOR. Thanks
         I T ' S    B O T T O M    O F   T H E   N I N T H
          The Bases are loaded, 2 outs, the count is 3-2
          and the umpire yell's:   HELP - I need a present >>>>>

DO YOU need some really great toys for your kids, nieces, nephews
brothers of sisters - or grandchildren. Well FAO Schwarz has been
defining the best in toys for years - and, surprising to many,
at great prices.
                 Don't Wait In line - Shop Online

     *** Can be delivered in time for the Holidays ***
CLICK HERE
http://www.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/stat?id=axf6fv90azw&offerid=382
--------------
RATE THE JOKE:  From 1 - 7  (1 = Lousy,  7 = Hilarious)
--------------
                If you received this e-mail directly from
                Joke-of-the-day then just hit "REPLY" and type your
                rating (1 - 7) in the message and send it to us.

                IF THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN FORWARDED to you, then send
                e-mail to jokes@joke-of-the-day.com with rating
                in body of the message. Results will be posted tomorrow
                You will also be automatically subscribed to the list

-------------
QUESTIONS      Info@joke-of-the-day.com
-------------
-------------
SUBMIT A JOKE   SubmitJoke@joke-of-the-day.com
-------------   We will list your name, unless otherwise instructed
                We do not accept copyrighted material. All
                Jokes are either written by us
                or are believed to be in the public domain. Thank You.

Joke-Of-The-Day is powered by GroupMaster from Revnet
Easy email list management - http://www.groupmaster.com/joke.html

Copyright 1997 JOKE-OF-THE-DAY.com / TWT. All Rights reserved
Permission is granted to reprint or distribute Joke-of-the-Day's
Jokes as long as this full copyright notice is included
including the subscription information
To get a joke everyday, E-mail us at Subscribe@joke-of-the-day.com