[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ISPs, Induhviduals, and stress
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: ISPs, Induhviduals, and stress
- From: "Gordon Campbell" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 18:25:27 -500
- Comments: Authenticated sender is <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Admin: email@example.com (subscribe/unsubscribe requests)
- Organization: Mowat Woods Graphics
- Priority: normal
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 16:26:35 -0700 (MST)
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-Id: <199611242326.QAA23294@austin.bsdi.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 23 Nov 96 at 23:38, Jason Costomiris wrote:
> Wow, your users are even more advanced than many of ours! Without
> fail, every time I ask, "How much memory does your computer have?",
> invariably, they tell me, "I have 1.blah blah gigabytes of memory."
A couple of years ago, I was attempting to help my nephew get a game
(Wolfenstein, I think) running on his father's PC. Not enough memory.
He went out and told his father. Know-it-all brother-in-law came and
wanted to know why it needed more memory, there was 200 megs free on
C: It was difficult to explain to him the difference between hard
drive and RAM without making him look like a dork in front of his
son. I didn't succeed. He still doesn't talk to me much. ;-)
Gordon R. Campbell, Owner - Mowat Woods Graphics
--> Minister in charge of Caribbean vacations <--
============================== ISP Mailing List ==============================
Email ``unsubscribe'' to email@example.com to be removed.
Excellent day for putting Slinkies on an escalator.