Re: [humorix] New Linux Companies Hope To Get Rich Quick

Matthew W. Roberts wrote:

> > New Linux Companies Hope To Get Rich Quick
> > January 22, 2000
> >
> > The Linux bandwagon is rolling at full speed down Wall
> > Street. In the last few months a huge wave of new
> > Linux-oriented businesses have popped up hoping to cash in
> > on the bandwagon. Some, like LinuxOne, have even less
> > potential than Humorix does ...
>
> Speaking of which, did anybody else notice that humorix.com has
> been registered at Network Solutions?

But look who registered it...

Registrant:
Humorix Svensson (HUMORIX-DOM)
   Orrevagen
   Vaxjo, SE 35253
   SE

   Domain Name: HUMORIX.COM

   Administrative Contact:
      Svensson, Humorix  (HS10507)  humorix@HOTMAIL.COM
      047038291 (FAX) 9839180383
   Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Domain Registrar, Dr Raymond Cheng  (WRC8)  domreg@WYITH.COM
      +852 2512 1808 (FAX) +852 2512 0378
   Billing Contact:
      Svensson, Humorix  (HS10507)  humorix@HOTMAIL.COM
      047038291 (FAX) 9839180383

   Record last updated on 31-Dec-1999.
   Record created on 18-Oct-1999.
   Database last updated on 27-Jan-2000 15:33:46 EST.

...Yes, that's right, there's actually somebody in Sweden with a first
name of "Humorix"!  I guess I'll need to register humorix.org before
another "Humorix" does.  Or maybe linuxhumor.com would be a better
choice, since everybody else is jumping on the bandwagon of snagging a
linux dot com domain.

---

James S. Baughn
http://i-want-a-website.com/

-
Humorix:      Linux and Open Source(nontm) on a lighter note
Archive:      http://humbolt.nl.linux.org/lists/
Web site:     http://www.i-want-a-website.com/about-linux/