[humorix] Humorixia Nation Founded

Humorixia Nation Founded
Jon Splatz
December 17, 1999

The red tape has been cut, the T's have been crossed and
the I's dotted. It's official.  Humorixia -- the island
paradise in the Pacific built for geeks by geeks -- is now
an officially recognized independent nation-state by the
United Nations.  The day for revolution against the
oppressive regime of lawyercrats and ultra-Capitalists is
at hand.

For the revolution to succeed, however, we need your help.
We need people to man the waste-to-energy power plants, to
staff our Vast Spy Network(nontm), to grow food in our
hydroponics farms, to mine precious metals from the sides
of volcanic Mt. Coredump, to administer the nation's
computer systems and cryptographic data havens.  Most of
all, we need people to defend the ideals of Humorixia and
fight for the rights of the common man against the
bourgeois class of greedy middlemen, of evil lawyers.

Citizenship is free (think free speech AND free beer...
especially free beer) to those who qualify.  If you love
freedom, and individual rights, and the spirit of voluntary
sharing, then apply for Citizenship.  Agree to the liberal
terms of the General Social License[1] and become an
official Citizen of the World's first true meritocracy with
the underlying philosophy, "No Lawyers, No Microsoft, No
Bullshit".  If, however, you hold a Law Degree, or have
ambitions to enter the so-called legal "profession", then
you need not apply.

You can apply for Citizenship from the comfort of your own
browser within minutes.  Simply post a comment to the
Humorixia Grand Message Board[2] stating your intention to
join this nation, along with a brief essay on why lawyers
are evil (or, if you prefer, a juicy lawyer joke), and you
shall become a Citizen, with all of the Rights, Privileges,
and Responsibilities enumerated in the General Social
License.

Humorixia is based on a set of beliefs and principles
designed to eliminate the injustices that occur in
traditional lawyer-centric societies. Tossing all modesty
out the window, I am calling these ideas the "Splatzian
Doctrine" and codifying them in my soon-to-be-published
book,  "Unleashing Your Inner Pundit".  (This book,
licensed under my new OpenPundit License, will be provided
to all new Humorixia Citizens.)

The Splatzian Doctrine is based on these five tenets:

1. The laws and regulations of a government should be 'Open
   Source'.
2. Intellectual property laws should be as minimal as
   possible.
3. Society, politics, and the legal system should be
   structured so as to eliminate any need for lawyers.
4. Democracy is obsolete; government should be operated as
   a meritocracy.
5. Individual rights should not be abridged without a damn
   good reason.

Guided by these five principles, Humorixia shall triumph
against the hordes of lawyers that have oppressed the rest
of society for centuries long.  The days of frivolous
lawsuits, pork-barrel government spending, totalitarian
governments, and stifling intellectual property laws are
over. The Revolution is at hand.  Will you join it?

[1] http://i-want-a-website.com/about-linux/nov99.shtml#Humorixia
[2] http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=humorixia

-
Humorix:      Linux and Open Source(nontm) on a lighter note
Archive:      http://humbolt.nl.linux.org/lists/
Web site:     http://www.i-want-a-website.com/about-linux/