humor: jun 25 -- Ty Cobb (pun)

                              Nick's G-Rated Humor List

================== !!!!!!!!!!! =====================
Thanks to Randy Walker <walkers4@pacbell.net>
who mails out Funny Bone <funnyguy@spunge.org>
================== !!!!!!!!!!! =====================

Poor Ty Cobb! After having experienced what most baseball experts consider
to have been the most successful career in baseball history, Ty Cobb had
trouble finding a job. In those days, of course, players had to work; they
didn't have multi-million dollar pensions and other investments to tide
them over.

Perhaps it was Ty Cobb's reputation as quick-to-fight Redneck. Ty did have
a terrible temper. He tried every type of job, but the few he got he never
was able to hold for very long. His pugilistic attitude kept getting him
into trouble. In desperation, he interviewed for a position as a chef in a
retirement home.

Throughout the interview, he was asked often whether or not he was really a
chef and what type of experience he had. Ty Cobb lied each time, feeling
more and more guilty about his cowardly deceit. However, he was desperate
for a job, so he eventually lied his way into the job as a chef at the
retirement home.

On his first day at work, he was asked to prepare some baked Brie for the
elderly residents of the retirement home. Of course, baked Brie is that
wonderful French cheese, pungent and delicious. Not knowing a thing about
cooking or baking, he threw the cheese into the oven and left it there for
two hours while he took a nap.

The cheese burned, obviously, and became brown and inedible. Ty was
awakened by the screaming retirement home manager, who was angrily pointing
to the burned lump of cheese. "I thought you said you were a chef!" the
manager shouted.

Ty began to stammer. "Oh I lied sir. I lied! I was just so frightened of
being unemployed."

"Well. Look what you did!" shouted the retirement-home manager.
"Ty, your yellow fibbin' browned the old folks' Brie."

	(By Ted Brett, who should be ashamed of himself!!)