Joke: Bird Control

David received a parrot for his birthday. This parrot was
fully grown with a bad attitude and worse vocabulary. Every
other word was an expletive. Those that weren't expletives
were, to say the least, rude.

David tried hard to change the bird's attitude and was
constantly saying polite words, playing soft music,
anything that came to mind. Nothing worked. He yelled at
the bird, the bird got worse. He shook the bird and the
bird got madder and ruder.

Finally, in a moment of desperation, David put the parrot
in the freezer. For a few moments he heard the bird
squawking, kicking and screaming and then, suddenly, all
was quiet.

David was frightened that he might have actually hurt the
bird and quickly opened the freezer door.   The parrot
calmly stepped out onto David's extended arm and said: "I'm
sorry that I offended you with my language and actions. I
ask for your forgiveness. I will try to check my
behavior..."

David was astounded at the bird's change in attitude and
was about to ask what changed him when the parrot
continued, "May I ask what the chicken did?"