[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[humorix] Are You Addicated to Slashdot?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [humorix] Are You Addicated to Slashdot?
- From: James Baughn <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 21:57:52 -0500
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com
- Organization: I Want a Website -- http://i-want-a-website.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org (GENE DAY)
Are You Addicted to Slashdot?
September 1, 1998
A group of recovering Dotheads have formed the Slashdot
Addicts Support Group. The founder of the group said,
"Yes, I'm a Dothead! And frankly, this addiction has had a
negative impact on my life. At one point it was so bad
that I would get the shakes if I hadn't visited Slashdot
within the past hour. I nearly failed my CS class because
I was always busy reading the latest Slashdot headlines
instead of doing my programming labs. Thankfully I am now
recovering and I am offering my support to other Slashdot
Another former Slashdot junkie, Anonymous Coward, said,
"After suffering the harmful effects of Slashdotism, I
believe the recent study about online depression is true.
Slashdot, in particular, made me feel bad. Frequent flame
wars, name-calling, "first comment!" posts, and the
omnipresent news articles about the latest Microsoft
trangressions threw me into a depression spiral.
Thankfully, with the help of the SASG, I am now
Are you a Dothead? Take this short test to find out.
- Do you submit articles to Slashdot and then reload the
main page every 3.2 seconds to see if your article has been
- Have you made more than one "first comment!" post within
the past week?
- Have you ever participated in a Gnome vs. KDE or a Linux
vs. FreeBSD flamewar on Slashdot?
- Do you have a link to Slashdot on your homepage? Is
that link the only thing on your page?
- Do you ever wish you could get Rob Malda's autograph?
- Do you worship Rob Malda? More than Linus Torvalds?
- Do you write humor articles about Slashdot?
- Do you wake up at night, go to the bathroom, and fire up
your web browser to get your Slashdot fix on the way back?
- Instead of a TV dinner, do you eat a Slashdot dinner?
- Do you dump your date at the curb so you can hurry home
to visit Slashdot?
- When shopping at the mall, do you run into a computer
store to see if they have a computer that can access
- Do you dream about Slashdot?
- Do you send Rob Malda a fan email every day?
- Do you think of Slashdot when you order a taco at a
- Do you run a Church of Slashdot website?
- Are you a charter member of the Rob Malda Fan Club?
- Do you forgo sex to visit Slashdot?
- Do you run a Slashdot parody site called Dotslash?
- Have you donated hardware to Slashdot?
- Did you lease a T3 line so you could download Slashdot
- Is Slashdot your only brower's bookmark?
- Do you get a buzz when your browser finally connects to
- Do you panic when your browser says "Unable to connect
- Have you even made a New Year's Resolution to cut back
on Slashdot access... only to visit it at 12:01?
- Have you ever put your mom on hold to finish reading an
interesting Slashdot article?
If you answered "Yes" to at least two questions, you are a
bona-fide Slashdot addict. You can receive support for
your addiction by visiting the SASG at http://dothead.org
(or http://slashdont.org if the other site is offline).
James S. Baughn
List Site: http://www.findmail.com/list/humorix/
To unsubscribe, send to email@example.com
FREE group e-mail lists at http://www.findmail.com