[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Here's some interesting ones:
1. The average cost of rehabilitating a seal after the Exxon Valdez oil
spill in Alaska was $80,000. At a special ceremony, two of the most
expensively saved animals were released back into the wild amid cheers
and applause from onlookers. A minute later they were both eaten by a
2. A psychology student rented out her spare room to a carpenter in
order to nag him constantly and study his reactions. After weeks of
needling, he snapped and beat her repeatedly with an ax leaving her
3. In 1992, Frank Perkins of Los Angeles made an attempt on the world
flagpole-sitting record. By the time he had come down, eight hours short
of the 400 day record, his sponsor had gone bust, his girlfriend had left
him and his phone and electricity had been cut off.
4. A woman came home to find her husband in the kitchen, shaking
frantically with what looked like a wire running from his waist towards
the electric kettle. Intending to jolt him away from the deadly current
she whacked him with a handy plank of wood by the back door, breaking
his arm in two places. A shame as he had merely been listening to his
5. Two animal rights protesters were protesting at the cruelty of
sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn. Suddenly the pigs, all two
thousand of them, escaped through a broken fence and stampeded, trampling
the two hapless protesters to death.
And the last and best . . . . .
6. Iraqi terrorist, Khay Rahnajet, didn't pay enough postage on a letter
bomb. It came back with "return to sender" stamped on it.
You've guessed it, he opened it and said a fond farewell to his face