FW:

-----Original Message-----
From:	John Miller [SMTP:jmiller@bitcorp.net]
Sent:	Monday, June 29, 1998 9:57 AM
To:	'Bill Robertson'; 'Dan Monson'; 'Monique Boeke'; 'Rod Thomas'; 'Ron Wells'; 'Terry Blanchard'

It was a cold winter day, when an old man walked out onto a frozen lake, cut
a hole in the ice, dropped in his fishing line and began waiting for a  fish
to bite.  He was there for almost an hour without even a nibble when a young
boy walked out onto the ice, cut a hole in the ice not to far from  the old
man and dropped in his fishing line.  It only took about a minute and WHAM!
a Largemouth Bass hit his hook and the boy pulled in the fish.

The old man couldn't believe it but figured it was just luck. But, the boy
dropped in his line and again within just a few minutes pulled in another
one.  This went on and on until finally the old man couldn't take it any
more since he hadn't caught a thing all this time.  He went to the boy and
said, "Son, I've been here for over an hour without even a nibble.  You have
been here only a few minutes and have caught about half a dozen fish! How do
you do it?"

The boy responded, "Roo raf roo reep ra rums rrarm."

"What was that?" the old man asked.

Again the boy responded, "Roo raf roo reep ra rums rarrm."

"Look," said the old man, "I can't understand a word you are saying."

So, the boy spit into his hand and said, "You have to keep the worms warm!"

**********************************

 Ways To Stamp Out Telemarketers

1. If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy
and you could sure use some money.

2. If they start out with, "How are you today?" say, "Why do you want to
know?". Alternately, you can tell them, "I'm so glad you asked, because no
one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems; my sciatica is
acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog just died...".  When they try to
get to the sell, just keep talking about your "problems."

3. If they say they're Joe Doe from the XYZ Company, ask them to spell their
name. Then ask them to spell the company name. Then ask them where it is
located. Continue asking them personal questions or questions about their
company for as long as necessary.

4. Cry out, in well-simulated tones of pleasure and surprise, "Judy! Is that
you? Oh, my GOD! Judy, how have you BEEN?".  Hopefully, this will give Judy
a few brief moments of terror as she tries to figure out where the hell she
could know you from.

5. Say "no", over and over. Be sure to vary the sound of each one, and keep
an even tempo even as they're trying to speak. This is the most fun if you
can keep going until they hang up.

6. If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up with their Family and Friends
plan, reply, in as sinister a voice as you can muster, "I don't have any
friends...would you be my friend?"

7. If they clean rugs: "Sorry, my floor is made of stone."

8. Let the person go through their spiel, providing minimal but necessary
feedback in the form of an occasional "uh-huh", "really" or "how
fascinating". Finally, when they ask you to buy, ask them to marry you.
When they get all flustered, tell them you couldn't just give out your
credit card number to a complete stranger.

9. Tell them you work for the same company they work for.  Example:
Telemarketer: "This is Bill from WaterTronics." You: "WaterTronics! Hey, I
work for them too. Where are you calling from?" Telemarketer: "Uh...Dallas,
Texas." You: "Great, they have a group there too? How's business / the
weather?!?"  Telemarketer: "Sorry, we can't sell to employees."  You: "Oh,
okay. Bye!"

10. Answer the phone. As soon as you realize it is a telemarketer, set the
receiver down, Shout or scream "Oh my God!!!" and then hang up.

11. (Jerry Seinfeld version) Tell the telemarketer your busy at the moment
and if they give you their phone number, you'll call them back.
Telemarketer will say "We're not allowed to give out our number". You say,
"I guess you don't want anyone bothering you at work, right?". Telemarketer
will agree.  You say "Now you know how I feel!" Hang-up.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the
computer industry with the auto industry and stated: "If GM had kept up with
technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving a $25 car
that got 1000 miles to the gallon."

stating:

If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars
with the following characteristics:

1.  For no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day.

2.  Every time they repainted the lines on the road you would have to buy a
new car.

3.  Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason, and you
would just accept this, restart and drive on.

4.  Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your
car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to
reinstall the engine.

5.  Only one person at a time could use the car, unless you bought "Car95"
or "CarNT."  But then you would have to buy more seats.

6.  Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, reliable, five
times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but would only run on 5% of the
roads.

7.  The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would be
replaced by a single "general car fault" warning light.

8.  New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.

9.  The airbag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.

10.  Occasionally for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and
refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lift the door handle, turn the
key, and grab hold of the radio antenna.

11.  GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand
McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need them
nor want them.  Attempting to delete this option would  immediately cause
the car's performance to diminish by 50% or more. Moreover, GM would become
a target for investigation by the Justice Department.

12.  Every time GM introduced a new model, car buyers would have to learn
how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in
the same manner as the old car.

13.  You'd press the "start" button to shut off the engine.

__________________________________
John Miller
404 W. Ironwood Drive
Salt Lake City, Utah 84115
(801)464-1665 Direct
(801)464-1600 Main
(801)464-1699 Fax
(801)464-1639 Direct Fax
mailto:jmiller@bitcorp.net
"I will design no product before it is sold!"

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef