[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Humor: Cakes and Ale
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Humor: Cakes and Ale
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 23:41:52 +0000
- References: <199803291509.IAA16446@trojan.neta.com>
>Cakes and Ale
> Here is a true story (I suppose) someone found regarding exams
>CambridgeUniversity. It seems that during an examination one day a
>student popped up and asked the proctor to bring him Cakes and Ale.
> The following dialog ensued:
> Proctor: I beg your pardon?
> Student: Sir, I request that you bring me Cakes and Ale.
> Proctor: Sorry, no.
> Student: Sir, I really must insist. I request andrequire
that you bring me Cakes and Ale.
> At this point, the student produced a copy of the four hundred
year old Laws of Cambridge, written in Latin and still nominally in
effect, and pointed to the section which read (rough translation from the
> "Gentlemen sitting examinations may request and require Cakes
> Pepsi and hamburgers were judged the modern equivalent, and
>the student sat there, writing his examination and happily slurping
> Three weeks later the student was fined five pounds for not
>wearing a sword to the examination.
You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]