humor: jun 06 -- Sunday Stuff

                              Nick's G-Rated Humor List

HI FOLKS -- I HAD TROUBLE TRYING TO
SEND THIS OUT YESTERDAY ---   :-)

"Mikey's Funnies" <Mikeys-Funnies@youthspecialties.com>
reports that there is a website that lets you take a
personality quiz and then assigns/associates you with a
character in the first three Star Wars movies.  I haven't
tried it -- so although I trust Mikey, all caveats apply --
http://www.careerpath.com/ows-bin/editorial.cgi/special/s5quiz.htm?style=c

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Mikey's Thot for the Day: AAAAAA stands for
 American Association Against Acronym Abuse Anonymous
 http://www.YouthSpecialties.com/special/lists.html
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> A LOGIC TEST ....
> 8. How many times can you subtract 2 from the numeral 9?
	TWO SUBSCRIBER COMMENTS ...
	... ABOUT THE JUNE 5 MAILING
	... SENT WITH FRIENDLY SMILES.
>Hey Nick, think you made a mistake on this one...
>EVERY time I subtract 2 from 9 comes up 7, regardless
>of how many times I try...

>The question was asked about subtracting 2 from the "numeral" 9.
>a numeral is the symbol used to represent a number.  You don't
>subtract from a numeral you subtract from the number it represents.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
What A Preacher Does For A Living:

The Sunday sermon was long and tedious, especially for
the six year-old boy, who squirmed through most of it.

"What does the pastor do the rest of the week," the boy asked
as he and his father headed home?"

"Oh," his father responded, "he has plenty to do." He counsels
people with problems all week long, he visits the sick, conducts
funerals and weddings writes the church bulletin. And then there's
a lot of hard work preparing his Sunday sermon."

"Hard work? The Sermon?"

"Yeah," said the father, "he works hard on that sermon."

"Well, listening to it ain't easy either."

===============  AND THE SERIOUS STUFF  =============

>From a letter of Peter's ---

Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear
brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.   He writes
the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters.

His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant
and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own
destruction.

Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so
that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from
your secure position.

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To
him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

		--- 2 Peter 3:15-18