Joke: The Cobbler & Misc

While digging out suitcases to prepare for his retirement vacation,
touring Europe, Solly happened across an old, yellow piece of paper.
It was a ticket from a cobbler shop he had been given only days before
he fled the war with just the few meager belongings he could carry.

Solly detoured from his tour group's itinerary to visit his old village
again.  He found the cobbler's shop there, just as he remembered it, so
he went in with the ticket.

"You may not even still have them, but they were dark brown brogues with
light brown laces," Solly explained.  "I brought them in a long time ago
to be re-soled."

The old cobbler took the ticket into the back room and returned in less
than a minute. "Yes, they're here," said the cobbler. "Come back next
Tuesday and they'll be ready."

		Above average intelligence has always run in
		my family.  Ambition, however, has always walked
		with a limp.    --Jeff MacNelly (Shoe)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
SPACE STATION

The first module of an international space station has been completed
and is ready for shipment to the launch pad.  In order to make the space
station as much like planet Earth as possible, this first component will
be a Starbucks.

Jim Rosenberg <jrosenberg@usa.net>

		The only problem with home canning is that
		eventually you have to eat the stuff.
			--J. Wagner (Crabby Road)

Here's a song actually written by Spade Cooley:
"I come to be went with but I ain't been yet."
Bonus points for those who remember Spade Cooley.

		Everyone is a philosopher.
		Not everyone is good at it.
			--Alfred North Whitehead

"TWO-HEADED" NEWSPAPER HEADLINES
================================
WILLIAM KELLY, 87, WAS FED SECRETARY
ALL-STARS TURN ON SPARSE CROWD
NATION'S HUNGRY ATTACK MEESE
U.S. FOOD SERVICE FEEDS THOUSANDS, GROSSES MILLIONS
COLLEGIANS ARE TURNING TO VEGETABLES
FARMER BILL DIES IN HOUSE
KISSINGER ALLEGEDLY FORGES MIDEAST PACT
GENETIC ENGINEERING SPLITS SCIENTISTS
IRAQI HEAD SEEKS ARMS
"SOMETHING WENT WRONG IN JET CRASH", EXPERT SAYS
MILK DRINKERS ARE TURNING TO POWDER
SAFETY EXPERTS SAY SCHOOL BUS PASSENGERS SHOULD BE BELTED
SCIENTISTS TO HAVE FORD'S EAR
TEN REVOLTING OFFICERS EXECUTED
QUARTER OF A MILLION CHINESE LIVE ON WATER
DRUNK GETS NINE MONTHS IN VIOLIN CASE
		--- Thanks, Maurice!