[humorix] Penguin Escaped from Bristol Zoo

Penguin Escaped from Bristol Zoo

BRISTOL, ENGLAND (August 3, 1998) -- Last year a group of
Linux enthusiasts pooled their money to adopt a penguin at
the Bristol Zoo for Linus Torvalds. Yesterday, Tux, the
penguin, escaped from the zoo.  "Since our Windows NT
system crashed," a zookeeper explains, "we were busy trying
to get it back online.  We didn't pay any attention to the
zoo animals.  That's when Tux escaped.  I've never seen
anything like this."

Somehow Tux was able to escape from the penguin area, get
past the front gate, and waddle half a mile down the
street.  He was spotted at a Bristol computer store.  The
owner said, "I was talking with a customer about Windows 98
installation problems when the automatic doors opened. I
did a double take when I saw a penguin waddle over to the
Productivity section in the back.  I swear, the penguin
knocked a Windows 98 box to the floor, and started jumping
on it violently!  He then picked up a Red Hat Linux box and
started to waddle out of the store!  With the help of
several customers we were able to confine the penguin until
the police and animal control people arrived."

Tux was returned to the zoo shortly after.  Rumor has it
the zoo is considering offering a job to the penguin
managing the computer system.  "This penguin is much
smarter than the marketdroid who convinced the zoo to
'upgrade' to Windows NT," an anonymous zookeeper commented.

---

James S. Baughn
http://i-want-a-website.com/about-linux

----