FW:

-----Original Message-----
From: John Miller [mailto:jmiller@bitcorp.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 1998 9:16 AM
To: 'Bill Robertson'; 'Dan Monson'; 'Monique Boeke'; 'Rod Thomas'; 'Ron
Wells'; 'Terry Blanchard'

There's this old priest who got sick of all the people in his parish who
kept confessing to adultery. One Sunday, in the pulpit, he said, "if I hear
one more person confess to adultery, I'll quit!" Well, everyone liked him,
so they came up with a code word. Someone who had committed adultery would
say they had "fallen".

This seemed to satisfy the old priest and things went well, until the priest
died at a ripe old age. About a week after the new priest arrived, he
visited the Mayor of the town and seemed very concerned. The priest said,
"You have to do something about the sidewalks in town. When people come into
the confessional, they keep talking about having fallen." The Mayor started
to laugh, realizing that no-one had told the new priest about the code word.

Before the mayor could explain, the priest shook an accusing finger at the
mayor and said, "I don't know what you're laughing about, Your wife fell
three times this week."

*****************************
Subject: think about it . . .

Can Vegetarians eat animal crackers?

If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it
considered a hostage situation?

When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their signs?

When you open a bag of cotton balls, is the top one meant to be thrown away?

Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all"?

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

What do you do when you see an endangered animal that is eating an
endangered plant?

What's another word for thesaurus?

If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?

Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

Why do they lock gas stations bathrooms?  Are they afraid someone will clean
them?

Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?

If a stealth bomber crashes in a forest, will it make a sound?

When it rains, why don't sheep shrink?

If the cops arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain
silent?

Why is the word abbreviation so long?

When companies ship Styrofoam, what do they pack it in?

************************************
 This is a story I received from a friend that I think you will
appreciate......

 Jerry was the kind of guy you love to hate.  He was always in a good mood
and always had something positive to say.  When someone would ask him how he
was doing, he would reply, "If I were any better, I would be twins!"

He was a unique manager because he had several waiters who had followed him
around from restaurant to restaurant.  The reason the waiters followed Jerry
was because of his attitude.  He was a natural Motivator.

If an employee was having a bad day, Jerry was there telling the employee
how to look on the positive side of the situation.

Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up to Jerry and
asked him, "I  don't get it!  You can't be a positive person all of the
time. How do you  do it?"

Jerry replied, "Each morning I wake up and say to myself, Jerry, you have
two choices today.  You can choose to be in a good mood or you can choose to
be in a bad mood."  I choose to be in a good mood. Each time something bad
happens, I can choose to be a victim or I can choose to learn from it. I
choose to learn from it. Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can
choose to accept their complaining or I can point out the positive side of
life.  I choose the positive side of life."

"Yeah, right, it's not that easy,"  I protested. "Yes it is," Jerry said.
"Life is all about choices.  When you cut away all the junk, every situation
is a choice.  You choose how you react to situations.  You choose how people
will affect your mood.  You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood.  The
bottom line: It's your choice how you live life.

I reflected on what Jerry  said. Soon thereafter, I left the restaurant
industry to start my own business.  We lost touch, but I often thought about
him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting to it.

Several years later,  I heard that Jerry did something you are never
supposed to do in a restaurant  business: he left the back door open. one
morning, and was held up at gunpoint by three armed robbers. While trying to
open the safe, his hand, shaking from nervousness, slipped off the
combination.  The robbers panicked and shot him.

Luckily, Jerry was found relatively quickly and rushed to the local trauma
center. After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, Jerry was
released from the hospital with fragments of the bullets still in his body.

I saw Jerry about six months after the accident. When I asked him how he
was, he replied,  "If I were any better, I'd be twins.  Wanna see my scars?"
I declined to see his wounds, but did ask him what had gone through his mind
as the robbery took place.

"The first thing that went through my mind was that I should have locked the
back door,"  Jerry replied.  "Then, as I lay on the floor, I remembered that
I had two choices: I could choose to live, or I could choose to die. I chose
to live.

"Weren't you scared?  Did you lose consciousness?" I asked. Jerry
continued, "The paramedics were great.  They kept telling me that I was
going to be fine.  But when they wheeled me into the emergency room and I
saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really
scared.  In their eyes, I read, 'He's a dead man'.  I knew I needed to take
action."

"What did you do?"  I asked.

 "Well, there was a big, burly nurse shouting questions at me," said Jerry.
"She asked if I was allergic to anything.  'Yes,' I replied.  The doctors
and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply.

I took a deep breath and yelled, 'Bullets!'

Over their laughter, I told them, 'I am choosing to live.  Operate on me as
if I am alive, not dead.'" Jerry lived thanks to the skill of his doctors,
but also because of his amazing attitude.  I learned from him that every day
we have the choice to live fully.  Attitude, after all, is everything!

Article one : statement of love: the kiss
              1. kiss on the hand .... I adore you
              2. kiss on the cheek ... I just want to be friends
              3. kiss on the neck ..... I want you
              4. kiss on the lips.... I love you
              5. kiss on the ears.... I am just playing
              6. kiss anywhere else...let's not get carried away
              7. look in your eyes .... kiss me
              8. playing with your hair .....I can't live without you
              9. hand on your waist ..... I love you to much to let you go

Article 2: The Three Steps
              1.  Girls:  If any guy gets fresh with you, slap him
              2.  Guys:  If any girl slaps you, kiss her
              3.  Guy and Girls:  Close your eyes when kissing, it is rude
to stare.

Article 3:  The Commandments
              1.  Thou shall not squeeze too hard.
              2.  Thou shall not ask for a kiss, just give one or take one.
              3.  Thou shall kiss at every opportunity.

__________________________________
John Miller
404 W. Ironwood Drive
Salt Lake City, Utah 84115
(801)464-1665 Direct
(801)464-1600 Main
(801)464-1699 Fax
(801)464-1639 Direct Fax
mailto:jmiller@bitcorp.net
"I will design no product before it is sold!"

winmail.dat