Joke: May 7 - Having Fun with Telemarketers!

   _       _                 __
  (_) ___ | | _____    ___  / _|
  | |/ _ \| |/ / _ \  / _ \| |_
  | | (_) |   <  __/ | (_) |  _|
 _/ |\___/|_|\_\___|  \___/|_|
|__/
 _   _                _
| |_| |__   ___    __| | __ _ _   _
| __| '_ \ / _ \  / _` |/ _` | | | |
| |_| | | |  __/ | (_| | (_| | |_| |
 \__|_| |_|\___|  \__,_|\__,_|\__, |
                              |___/sm
http://www.joke-of-the-day.com
 "The World's Largest Daily Joke List"

# To get a Great Joke everyday, send a blank e-mail to: #
#                                                       #
#             Join@joke-of-the-day.com                  #
#         mailto:JOIN@joke-of-the-day.com               #
#                                                       #
#                   or go here                          #
#  http://www.joke-of-the-day.com/html/subscribe.html   #
#                                                       #
#             FREE     FREE    FREE     FREE            #
#                                                       #
   To ADVERTISE, reaching more than 4,500,000 people per month
   E-mail us at:   SPONSOR@joke-of-the-day.com

                              TODAY's JOKE
                              May 7, 1998
                           ====================
RESULTS:
Yesterday's Bar Speak" joke was loved by many, but received a few
thumbs down as well. Overall a good score.
A 5.4 from Joke-Of-The-Day.com members
                ENTER THE FREE BASEBALL SWEEPSTAKES

     Win Great Prizes such as a Free trip to World Series Baseball
     Fatasy Camp or Team Jackets and Hats. No Costs, Just Fun.

    Click Right here to Enter: http://www.smartshop1.com/f.wcgi
\------------------------------------------------------------------/
    Rate the Joke below! and    *** FORWARD TO FRIENDS ***
                                      Spread The Fun

                HAVING FUN WITH TELEMARKETERS
                          - Submitted by E. Lister
              ------------------------------------
1. If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for
bankruptcy and you could sure use some money. Ask, "How long can I
keep it? Do I have to ever pay it back, or is it like the other money
I borrowed before my bankruptcy?"

2. If they start out with, "How are you today?" say, "Why do you want
to know?" Or you can say, "I'm so glad you asked, because no one seems
to care these days and I have all these problems, my sciatica is
acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog just died...." When they try
to get back to the sales process, just continue on with telling about
your problems.

3. If the person says he's Joe Doe from the XYZ Company, ask him
to spell his name, then ask him to spell the company name, then ask
where it is located. Continue asking personal questions or questions
about the company for as long as necessary.

4. This one works better if you are male: Telemarketer: "Hi, my name
is Judy and I'm with Canter and Siegel services.... You: "Hang on a
second." (few seconds pause) "Okay, (in a really husky voice) what are
you wearing?"

5. Crying out, in well-simulated tones of pleasure and surprise,
"Judy!! Is this really you? I can't believe it! Judy, how have you
BEEN?" Hopefully, this will give Judy a few brief moments of terror as
she tries to figure out where the heck she could know you from.

6. Say, "No," over and over. Be sure to vary the sound of each no, and
keep an even tempo even as they're trying to speak. This is the most
fun if you can keep going until they hang up.

7. If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up with their Family and
Friends plan, reply, in as sinister a voice as you can muster, "I
don't have any friends...would you be my friend?"

8. If they clean rugs: "Can you get blood out, you can? Well,
how about goat blood or HUMAN blood - chicken blood too?"

9. Let the person go through their spiel, providing minimal but
necessary feedback in the form of an occasional "Uh-huh, really, or,
"That's fascinating." Finally, when they ask you to buy, ask them to
marry you. They get all flustered, but just tell them you couldn't
give your credit card number to someone who's a complete stranger.

10. Tell them you work for the same company they work for.
Example: Telemarketer: "This is Bill from Watertronics."
You: "Watertronics!! Hey I work for them too. Where are you calling
from?" Telemarketer: "Uh, Dallas, Texas." You: "Great, they have a
group there too? How's business/the weather? Too bad the company has a
policy against selling to employees! Oh well, see ya."

11. Tell the Telemarketer you are busy and if they will give you
their phone number you will call them back. If they say they are not
allowed to give out their number, then ask them for their home number
and tell them you will call them at home (this is usually the most
effective method of getting rid of Telemarketers). If the person says,
"Well, I don't really want to get a call at home," say, "Ya! Now you
know how I feel." (smiling, of course...)

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSOR. Thanks
      T A K E   M E   O U T   T O   T H E   B A L L   G A M E

        YEP...Baseball is in full swing...and you can
        Win Some Awsome Prizes in the Baseball Sweepstakes:

        SWEEPSTAKE PRIZES INCLUDE
      * a Trip to the World Series Baseball Fantasy camp in Florida
      * Your choice of team Starter jackets
      * Your choice of team baseball hat

       STEP UP to the plate and enter for FREE right here!
	      http://www.smartshop1.com/f.wcgi

\------------------------------------------------------------------/\
--------------
RATE THE JOKE:  From 1 - 7  (1 = Lousy,  7 = Hilarious)
--------------
                If you received this e-mail directly from
                Joke-of-the-day then just hit "REPLY" and type your
                rating (1 - 7) in the message and send it to us.

                IF THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN FORWARDED to you, then send
                e-mail to jokes@joke-of-the-day.com with rating
                in body of the message. Results will be posted tomorrow
                You will also be automatically subscribed to the list

-------------
QUESTIONS      Info@joke-of-the-day.com
-------------
SUBMIT A JOKE   SubmitJoke@joke-of-the-day.com
-------------   We will list your name, unless otherwise instructed
                We do not accept copyrighted material. All
                Jokes are either written by us
                or are believed to be in the public domain. Thank You.

Copyright 1998 JOKE-OF-THE-DAY.com / TWT. All Rights reserved
Permission is granted to for noncommercial reprinting or distribution of Joke-of-the-Day's Jokes as long as this full copyright notice is included
including the subscription information below.
TO GET A JOKE EVERYDAY, E-mail us at join@joke-of-the-day.com