 _   _                _
| |_| |__   ___    __| | __ _ _   _
| __| '_ \ / _ \  / _` |/ _` | | | |
| |_| | | |  __/ | (_| | (_| | |_| |
 \__|_| |_|\___|  \__,_|\__,_|\__, |
                              |___/sm
http://www.joke-of-the-day.com
 "The World's Largest Daily Joke List"

# To get a Great Joke everyday, send a blank e-mail to: #
#                                                       #
#             Join@joke-of-the-day.com                  #
#         mailto:JOIN@joke-of-the-day.com               #
#                                                       #
#                   or go here                          #
#  http://www.joke-of-the-day.com/html/subscribe.html   #
#                                                       #
#             FREE     FREE    FREE     FREE            #
#                                                       #
   To ADVERTISE, reaching more than 4,000,000 people per month
   E-mail us at:   SPONSOR@joke-of-the-day.com

                              TODAY's JOKE
                             March 25, 1998
                           ====================
RESULTS:
Yesterday's
    I N D U S T R I A L  S T R E N G T H   I N T E R N E T
                    at Small Business prices

             BestNet Internet Services  (dual T3s)
   Everything you need to be on top of your business.
         Visit us at: http://www.bestnet.net
               CALL FOR INFO  1-800-WEB-2354
\------------------------------------------------------------------/
    Rate the Joke below! and    *** FORWARD TO FRIENDS ***
                                      Spread The Fun

                     A DOG's LIFE
                     - Submitted by K.Stevens
              ------------------------------------
It's common practice in England to ring a telephone by sending
extra voltage across one side of the two wire circuit and ground
(earth in England). When the subscriber answers the phone, it switches
to the two wire circuit for the conversation. This method allows two
parties on the same line to be signaled without disturbing each other.

  Anyway, an elderly lady with several pets called to say that
her telephone failed to ring when her friends called; and that on the
few occasions when it did ring her dog always barked first. The
telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this
psychic dog.

  He climbed a nearby telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and
dialed the subscriber's house. The phone didn't ring. He tried again.
The dog barked loudly, followed by a ringing telephone.

Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:

   a. The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground post via
      an iron chain and collar..

   b. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current.

   c. After several such jolts, the dog would start barking and
      urinating on the ground..

   d. The wet ground now completed the circuit and the phone
     would ring..

Which shows you that some problems can be fixed by just "pissing "
on them. But only temporarily..

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSOR. Thanks
    STOP TALKING ABOUT USING THE INTERNET for your business...
                    >>> and START DOING IT.

                 BestNet Internet Services
     Everything you need to be on top of your business.
            Visit us at: http://www.bestnet.net

           CALL US NOW FOR INFO  1-800-WEB-2354

\------------------------------------------------------------------/
--------------
RATE THE JOKE:  From 1 - 7  (1 = Lousy,  7 = Hilarious)
--------------
                If you received this e-mail directly from
                Joke-of-the-day then just hit "REPLY" and type your
                rating (1 - 7) in the message and send it to us.

                IF THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN FORWARDED to you, then send
                e-mail to jokes@joke-of-the-day.com with rating
                in body of the message. Results will be posted tomorrow
                You will also be automatically subscribed to the list

-------------
QUESTIONS      Info@joke-of-the-day.com
-------------
-------------
SUBMIT A JOKE   SubmitJoke@joke-of-the-day.com
-------------   We will list your name, unless otherwise instructed
                We do not accept copyrighted material. All
                Jokes are either written by us
                or are believed to be in the public domain. Thank You.

Joke-Of-The-Day is powered by GroupMaster from Revnet
Easy email list management - http://www.groupmaster.com/joke.html

Copyright 1997/1998 JOKE-OF-THE-DAY.com / TWT. All Rights reserved
Permission is granted to reprint or distribute Joke-of-the-Day's
Jokes as long as this full copyright notice is included
including the subscription information
To get a joke everyday, E-mail us at Subscribe@joke-of-the-day.com