humor: nov 26 -- Thanksgiving Leftovers

                              Nick's G-Rated Humor List
	Y2K check: Yesterday I reset my computer clock
	to 12/30/99, so today my computer thinks it is
	1/1/2000.  So far everything seems to be working...

A THANKSGIVING POEM

Twas the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep
I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.

The leftovers beckoned -- the dark meat and white,
but I fought the temptation with all of my might.

Tossing and turning with anticipation,
the thought of a snack became infatuation.

So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
and gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.

I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
till all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky
With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie

But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees ....
happy eating to all -- pass the cranberries, please!