humor: dec 03 -- Composers Names

                              Nick's G-Rated Humor List

If a bride breaks into a wide smile
as she walks down the aisle, is that
considered a Lohen grin?

Or does the bride merely Lohengrin and bear it.

If a certain composer's grass was particularly verdant,
did his neighbors say it was Lohen green? Or simply lawn green?

Was the composer's paper money known as Lohengrin's long green?

Changing composers, when Ludwig went fishing, did his worms keep
wiggling off the hook so he had to bait often?

When they dropped Johannes from a plane on a parachute (I know--no
planes, no parachutes in those days--it's a setup--bear with me),
did they yell out, "Brahms away!"?

Edvard didn't want to write a piano concerto at first,
but finally he "aGrieg" to do it.

Johannes caught cold, Beethoven the flu, and Rimsky Kors a cough.

Some composers had a tough time scoring their works
while others found it an easy chore to Handel.

I decided that if parrots can "talk,"
why not other animals too, so I tried
to teach my cow to moo the word "milk"
but she would only moo "Sorsky."

Another composer, affectionately known as "Yev," found he couldn't pay the
bills on writing classical music alone, so he opened a coffee shop--kind of a
European, previous century precursor to Starbucks. Unlike the coffee the
local housewives turned out, which varied greatly in quality, his coffee
was unfailingly good, which he explained by saying, "It's because I'm a
professional. When you want something done right, you go to a pro." And the
hangers-around at his shop had to concur, "That's great pro coffee, Yev."

		That's all for now,
		but I may be Bach later.
		(By Cynthia MacGregor)