[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Joke: What gender are computers?
A pastor of one church who was previously a sailor, was very aware
that ships are addressed as "she" and "her". He often wondered
what gender computers should be addressed. To answer that question,
he set up two groups of computer experts. The first was comprised of
women, and the second of men. Each group was asked to recommend
whether computers should be referred to in the feminine gender, or
the masculine gender.
They were asked to give 4 reasons for their recommendation.
The group of women reported that the computers should be referred
to in the masculine gender because:
1. In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.
2. They have a lot of data, but are still clueless.
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the
time they are the problem.
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that, if you had
waited a little longer you could have had a better model.
The men, on the other hand concluded that Computers should be
referred to in the feminine gender because:
1. No one but the Creator understands their internal logic.
2. The native language they use to communicate with other
computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
3. Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory
for later retrieval.
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself
spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.