[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Joke: Reading between the Lines
READING BETWEEN THE LINES
- Submitted by PaulDmt
John Jones, the head of the company asked his manager to write
a detailed employment review describing Bob Smith, one of his
1. Bob Smith, my assistant programmer, can always be found
2. hard at work in his cubicle. Bob works independently, without
3. wasting company time talking to colleagues. Bob never
4. thinks twice about assisting fellow employees, and he always
5. finishes given assignments on time. Often Bob takes extended
6. measures to complete his work, sometimes skipping coffee
7. breaks. Bob is a dedicated individual who has absolutely no
8. vanity in spite of his high accomplishments and profound
9. knowledge in his field. I firmly believe that Bob can be
10. classed as a high-caliber employee, the type which cannot be
11. dispensed with. Consequently, I duly recommend that Bob be
12. promoted to executive management, and a proposal will be
13. executed as soon as possible.
A MEMO WAS SOON SENT FOLLOWING THE LETTER:
That idiot was reading over my shoulder while I wrote the
report sent to you earlier today.
Kindly read only the odd numbered lines above
(1, 3, 5, etc...) for my true assessment of him.