Joke: May 28: - Microsoft Nukes Washington

   _       _                 __
  (_) ___ | | _____    ___  / _|
  | |/ _ \| |/ / _ \  / _ \| |_
  | | (_) |   <  __/ | (_) |  _|
 _/ |\___/|_|\_\___|  \___/|_|
|__/

 _   _                _
| |_| |__   ___    __| | __ _ _   _
| __| '_ \ / _ \  / _` |/ _` | | | |
| |_| | | |  __/ | (_| | (_| | |_| |
 \__|_| |_|\___|  \__,_|\__,_|\__, |
                              |___/sm

http://www.joke-of-the-day.com

 "The World's Largest Daily Joke List"

# To get a Great Joke everyday, send a blank e-mail to: #
#                                                       #
#             Join@joke-of-the-day.com                  #
#         mailto:JOIN@joke-of-the-day.com               #
#                                                       #
#                   or go here                          #
#http://a.joke-of-the-day.com/X?/1020-3886899/SUBSCRIBE #
#                                                       #
#             FREE     FREE    FREE     FREE            #
#                                                       #

   To ADVERTISE, reaching more than 5,000,000 people per month
   E-mail us at:   SPONSOR@joke-of-the-day.com

                              TODAY's JOKE
                              May 29, 1998
                           ====================

RESULTS:
Yesterday's Personality Traits was received mixed grades
Those with "tails" liked it. Others not as much
A 4.9 from Joke-Of-The-Day.com members.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
     GET A FREE ISSUE OF  "Fast Company"  MAGAZINE
               "How Smart Businesses Work"
             *****************************
Click NOW: http://a.joke-of-the-day.com/X?/1020-3886899/FASTT

  "By the middle of each issue (which I devour the day it
  arrives), I have 8 to 15 flags sticking out of pages, have
  made at least five calls to say 'If you haven't seen this,
  go get it now.'(and everyone has called back to say 'Wow, Thanks'"

                 - Linda Feinholz (Feinholz & Associates)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

    Rate the Joke below! and    *** FORWARD TO FRIENDS ***
                                      Spread The Fun

               MICROSOFT NUKES WASHINGTON
                          - Submitted by A. K. Smith
              ------------------------------------

REDMOND  --World leaders reacted with stunned silence as
Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) conducted an underground nuclear
test at a secret facility in eastern Washington state. The
device, exploded at9:22 am PDT (1622 GMT/12:22 PM EDT) today,
was timed to coincide with talks between Microsoft and the US
Department of Justice over possible antitrust action.

"Microsoft is going to defend its right to market its products
by any and all necessary means," said Microsoft CEO Bill Gates.
"Not that I'm anti-government" he continued, "but there would
be few tears shedin the computer industry if Washington, DC
(not Washington State) were engulfed in a bath of nuclear fire."

Scientists pegged the explosion at around 100 kilotons. "I
nearly dropped my latte when I saw the seismometer" explained
University of Washington geophysicist Dr. Whoops Blammover, "At
first I thought it was Mt. Rainier, and I was thinking, damn,
there goes the mountain bike vacation."

In Washington, President Clinton announced the US Government
would boycott all Microsoft products indefinitely. Minutes later,
the President reversed his decision.  "We've tried sanctions
since lunchtime, and they don't work," said the President. Instead,
the administration will initiate a policy of "constructive
engagement" with Microsoft.

Microsoft's Chief Technology Officer Nathan Myrhvold said
the test justified Microsoft's recent acquisition of the
Hanford Nuclear Reservation from the US Government. Not only
did Microsoft acquire "kilograms of weapons grade plutonium"
in the deal, said Myrhvold, "but we've finally found a place
to dump those millions of unsold copies of Microsoft Bob."

Myrhvold warned users not to replace Microsoft NT products
with rival operating systems. "I can neitherconfirm nor deny
the existence of a radioisotope thermoelectric generator inside
of every Pentium II microprocessor," said Myrhvold, "but anyone
who installs an OS written by a bunch of long-hairs on
the Internet is going to get what they deserve."

The existence of an RTG in each Pentium II microprocessor
would explain why the microprocessors, made by the Intel
Corporation, run so hot. The Intel chips "put out more heat
than they draw in electrical power" said Prof. E. Thymes of
MIT. "This should finally dispell those stories about cold fusion."

Rumors suggest a second weapons development project is underway
in California, headed by Microsoft rival Sun Microsystems.
"They're doing all of the development work in Java," said one
source close to the project. The development of a delivery
system is said to be holding up progress. "Write once, bomb
anywhere is still a dream at the moment."

Meanwhile, in Cupertino, California, Apple interim-CEO Steve
Jobs was rumored to be in discussion with Oracle CEO Larry
Ellison about deploying Apple's Newton technology against
Microsoft. "Newton was the biggest bomb the Valley has developed
in years," said one hardware engineer. "I'd hate to be around
when they drop that product a second time."

At the closing bell on the Exchange, Microsoft shares rose
12% for an all time high, while confidence dipped in the US
government (GOV), lowering its shares by 3% for one day
drop in market capitalization of $800 Billion.

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSOR. Thanks

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
 >IF YOU ARE IN BUSINESS...
                      ... >Then you MUST Read FAST COMPANY
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

  INSIDE EACH ISSUE
         * New Rules to Live by
         * Fast Companies whose methods will inspire you
         * Tools for Getting Ahead
         * New approaches to managing people and ideas,

   "Every time your magazine arrives, it gets stolen fro
    my desk, It gets returned much later, always worse for
    the wear"        - Tim Stapelton

    YOU DON'T have to steal a copy. Get Your free trial here
Click NOW: http://a.joke-of-the-day.com/X?/1020-3886899/FASTB

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

--------------
RATE THE JOKE:  From 1 - 7  (1 = Lousy,  7 = Hilarious)
--------------
                If you received this e-mail directly from
                Joke-of-the-day then just hit "REPLY" and type your
                rating (1 - 7) in the message and send it to us.

                IF THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN FORWARDED to you, then send
                e-mail to jokes@joke-of-the-day.com with rating
                in body of the message. Results will be posted tomorrow
                You will also be automatically subscribed to the list

               and we will remove your name from our list.

-------------
QUESTIONS      Info@joke-of-the-day.com
-------------

-------------
SUBMIT A JOKE   SubmitJoke@joke-of-the-day.com
-------------   We will list your name, unless otherwise instructed
                We do not accept copyrighted material. All
                Jokes are either written by us
                or are believed to be in the public domain. Thank You.

Copyright 1998 JOKE-OF-THE-DAY.com / TWT. All Rights reserved
Permission is granted to for noncommercial reprinting or distribution of
Joke-of-the-Day's Jokes as long as this full copyright notice is included
including the subscription information below.
TO GET A JOKE EVERYDAY, E-mail us at join@joke-of-the-day.com