[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Can you say Gullible???
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Can you say Gullible???
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Jon D Dayley)
- Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 00:01:11 -0700
- References: <199709181818.LAA23501@mail.inficad.com>
>A freshman at Eagle Rock Junior High won first prize at the Greater
>Idaho Falls Science Fair, April 26. He was attempting to show how
>conditioned we have become to the alarmists practicing junk science and
>fear of everything in our environment. In his project he urged people to
>a petition demanding strict control or total elimination of the chemical
>"dihydrogen monoxide" And for plenty of good reasons, since:
>1. it can cause excessive sweating and vomiting
>2. it is a major component in acid rain
>3. it can cause severe burns in its gaseous state
>4. accidental inhalation can kill you
>5. it contributes to erosion
>6. it decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes
>7. it has been found in tumors of terminal cancer patients
>He asked 50 people if they supported a ban of the chemical dihydrogen
>monoxide. Forty-three said yes, six were undecided, and only one knew
>that the chemical is more commonly called "water." The title of his
>winning project was, "How Gullible Are We?" The conclusion is obvious.