[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Humor: Bald Eagle
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Humor: Bald Eagle
- From: email@example.com (Jon D Dayley)
- Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 20:21:16 -0700
- References: <Pine.A126.96.36.1990707134230.23962Bfirstname.lastname@example.org>
>A man is caught, by a forest ranger, sitting at a make-shift campfire,
>and to the ranger's horror, eating a bald eagle. The man is
>consequently put in jail for the crime. On the day of his trail, the
>went something like this:
>>JUDGE: "Do you know that eating a bald eagle is a federal offense?"
>>MAN: "Yes I do. But if you let me argue my case, I'll explain what
>>MAN: "I got lost in the woods. I hadn't had anything to eat for two
>weeks. I was so hungry. Next thing I see is a Bald Eagle swooping
>down at the lake for some fish. I knew that if I followed the Eagle I
>>maybe steal the fish. I caught up with the eagle who lighted upon a
>tree stump to eat the fish. I threw a stone toward the eagle hoping he
>would drop the fish and fly away. Unfortunately, in my weakened
>my aim was off, and the rock hit the eagle squarely on his poor little
>head, and killed it. I thought long and hard about what had happened,
but figured that since I killed it it I might as well eat it since it
would be more disgraceful to let it rot on the ground."
>>JUDGE: "The court will take a recess while we analyze your
>>15 minutes goes by and the judge returns.
>>JUDGE: "Due to the extreme circumstance you were under and because
>you didn't intend to kill the eagle, the court will dismiss the
>>The Judge then leans over the bench and whispers: "If you don't mind
>my asking, what does a bald eagle taste like?"
>>MAN: "Well your honor, it is hard to explain. The best I can describe
it is somewhere between a California Condor and a Spotted Owl."